Do you feel as if everyone is telling you to create an online course?
I know my newsfeed is jam-packed with ads and posts from all sorts of people on this topic.
Why is that?
Well pre-COVID the online education industry was growing and predicted to increase to $325 billion worldwide by 2025. With arrival of the global pandemic, school closures and business lockdowns, online learning has exploded!
You’ve heard the saying – ‘needs must’, well this is a case in point!
We’re seeing a radical shift
We’ve seen a radical shift in behaviour – suddenly learning, communicating and working online has been normalised.✅
Which is why, as a business owner, you’re hearing more about online course development and the opportunity it presents for your business.
But how do you know if an online course is right for your business?
It really comes down to WHY you want to create it, here’s a few reasons that may resonate –
- You’re a coach, consultant or service provider who wants to scale your business beyond your one to one services
- You’re a larger organisation who wants to train staff with your own e-Learning programs
- You’re a corporate professional who want to build an online business and move into entrepreneurship
- You’re a blogger with a passion and you want to monetise with an online course
Like any strategic decision in your biz, an online course needs to fit with your vision.????
Truth is, not every business is ready
Truth is, not every business is ready for an online course. Check in with these 4 questions to see if you are:
- Does your vision include making a bigger impact and reaching more people?
- Do you want to move beyond a one to one model of service delivery?
- Is building an online business important to you?
- Are you planning to build a team and value staff training?
If you answered yes to 2 or more of these, then chances are you’re ready to explore creating an online course.
Pros and cons of online courses
I’m going to be covering the pros and cons of creating an online course in my upcoming masterclass Is An Online Course Right For Your Biz? I’m running this class next Thursday, 15th October at 10am WA time – you can register to attend (or get the replay) here.
It’s free to join and I’ll be covering these topics –
???? What it really takes to create an online course (a no fluff approach)
???? How to tell if your business is ready for an online course (and this won’t always be YES)
???? What to do before creating your online course (action to take right now)
???? 3 mistakes course creators make (and how you can avoid them)